Sunday, May 20, 2012

Catching Up: Part 1 - Easter/April

Hey everybody! We have been a little remiss in posting with how crazy things have been in the last little bit.  I won't try to make any excuses for it, because when it boils down to it, the reason is we just didn't make the time.  On a side note, this is the first time in over a year and a half that I have written a post.  Anywho....

Easter time was a lot of fun. We didn't do anything special for the day itself, but Hannah did wear her new dress, which is adorable.


We wanted Hannah to wear her new Easter hat as well, but she is kinda funny about hats.  In order to convince her it was a good idea, we took turns modeling it.  Here is Max with the Easter hat on.


Here I am with the Easter hat on.  I had to wear it on the back of my head to get it to stay.  Nice look, right?


 Here is Hannah, finally deciding to wear her own hat, and cute as a button to boot.


In other news, our garden has been doing pretty nicely.  Here is a look at our little garden bed right around Easter time.


And here is our first official home grown garden veggie of the season.  We picked it at the end of the month and used it in a delicious pizza.


I don't remember how much we have said about our Koi Pond.  We didn't want it, but it came with the house and was a mosquito and drowning hazard anytime there was a significant rain.  Well, we finally got rid of it.  One of my co-workers' husband had been looking for one and we exchanged it for the dirt to fill in the hole.  Once we took the rocks out and pumped it dry, it was a cinch to pull it out of the ground.  It left a neat little koi-pond-shaped negative space when I pulled it out.


That's April in a nutshell.  Another update or two for what has happened so far in May should follow shortly.

As a parting note, Hannah has taken to helping out around the house from time to time in whatever way she can.  Take a look at this clip from mid-April to see what I mean.


No comments:

Post a Comment