Monday, August 29, 2011

Life with a Mouse

So we have been busy with life again. We have been working on our garden plot, which I have been trying to document. The problem is it is 100 degrees out side like everyday and so the digging and has come to a halt until we have built the courage back up to go outside and do manual labor in that circumstance. So we will have more on that soon.
Other big events. We HAD a mouse. After several instances of a creature eating our bananas (and probably other things) and Josh not telling me because he didn't want me to freak out I saw it for myself and freaked out even more when I realized that we had been living with some creature for weeks or months and I was totally clueless.

So we bought traps and when it ate the peanut butter off two traps with no consequence we bought different traps and added a chocolate chip to the peanut butter as suggested on a website. That night just as we walked out of Hannah's room we heard a snap (it sounded like a toaster popping). And Josh took the manly responsibility of disposing of the remains. With Josh out of town the following week I kept all of the traps set and never had to deal with any more furry friends.

If it hasn't been conveyed well previously Hannah is a mega Daddy's girl. She had a really rough week with him gone for work so we try to ease the pain by video chatting before bedtime at least a few times. She likes it, but is still very sad. Here is a little part that I video taped.

Hannah is also walking almost constantly now. Her interest ad determination increased a lot the last few weeks because I have started to watch our 2 year friend Halle once a week and Hannah wants to keep up with her. So I got this video the other morning of her walking and showing off some of her other skills.

And to end our week on a safe note we finally bit the bullet and shelled out the cash for a big girl car seat that Hannah probably should have gotten a month ago.

2 comments: