Wednesday, November 9, 2011

November ALREADY!?!?!

 It has been another busy week around here just surviving life and we even did a little painting on top of it all.  Our Kitchen/Dinning room walls are painted in time for Thanksgiving.  If you have forgotten, here is a reminder of what it looked like before:

 Here I am cutting in.  We found that the paneling wasn't very hard to paint with the roller, but even with the awesome cutting in tutorial from Sherry at Young House Love I found that the brush didn't get into the paneling divots very well and being the resourceful girl that I am I pulled out a cheappy brush from my craft stuff to speed things along.
 
 I even surprised Josh by painting and rehanging the sconces that hang above the computer while he was at work.
So here is the beautiful new kitchen, which is now the same color as the living room.
No judging the mess!  That is an on going project and I didn't feel like hiding everything before the pictures.
 
  We only primed the backs of cabinets and the bulkhead above the cabinets.  We decided to match them to the cabinets and not the wall.  The primer gives an idea of what it will look like.  We hope to get around to painting them sometime after Thanksgiving and our holiday guests leave.
We hung the mirror from nails that were already there and then realized they were too high and just haven't fixed it yet.  We are also going to replace the ceiling fan with the chandelier that we picked up at the Habitat Restore a few weeks back (hopefully in the next week).
 
 And now it is time for some Hannah cuteness!
The other day Hannah decided she wanted to wear her Halloween braid around the house when she woke-up.
Another afternoon I heard Hannah in the other room saying "MmaAAW" over and over.  When I went into check she was holding Max and kissing him over and over.  "MmaAAW" is the cute kissing sound she recently started (not to be confused with Ma which she never says).  So as you can see she has taken to Max quite well.
 Hannah over did the partying on Halloween and it took her a few days to recover.  One morning after her nap she didn't want to be in bed, but she didn't want to get up either.  So I let her cuddle on the couch and watch cartoons for a while.
 
There is finally enough hair on the top of her head to put it in a pony tail.  I have no idea why she is making this  face.

No comments:

Post a Comment